Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colour in the show ring...

4 posters

Go down

Colour in the show ring... Empty Colour in the show ring...

Post  starby19 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi everyone...

This year I will be starting my search for an ASH. I have competed for many years with other breeds/disciplines but will be new to the ASH scene. I was just wondering what the perception of 'colour' in the show ring is with the stockies? I would ultimately love a pally or a buckskin etc but would also love to be competitive in the ring in stockhorse classes and in futurities etc as well as being able to do coloured classes. I am not sure if it is a silly question but I have known of other breeds to prefer standard colours over pally's etc as it is more true to the breed??

Any thoughts would be much appreciated Very Happy thanks heaps!!

starby19

Back to top Go down

Colour in the show ring... Empty Re: Colour in the show ring...

Post  Best Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:07 am

The ASH judges are usually very open to buckskins and palominos, but the older ones are not so keen on broken coloured (pintos/paint).

Bill Peadon's Bibbenluke Selena is a buckskin mare who has done exceptionally well in recent years and Coolidowns Cream Surprise is a pally stallion who has also done well at high level (of course there are others, but these spring to mind.

The only problem you might come across is finding a single dilute that suits you, as they are not super common and snapped up pretty quickly if they are a quality horse

With ASH the bloodlines dictate the price, so if you are not after a well bred (working bloodline) then you may be in luck if you dont want to spend a bundle

Best Guest

Back to top Go down

Post  hf15 Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 am

some judges might not be as keen on the paint/pinto's but that has never stopped the Vancouver Park horses. at the 2002 summer royal VP. Watch my Duco won Champion led and ridden open stallion, champion led and ridden pinto and supreme led, champion led paint, champion led stock horse stallion and supreme ash.
if you want a show horse contact the Vancouver Park stud- im sure they will point you in the right direction!

hf15

Back to top Go down

Post  Best Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 am

Actually I think it was at 2003 Summer Royal Very Happy

But as I said I still see some judges having issues with broken coloured horses while the pally and buckys are more readily acceptable under the wider variety of judges, and yes, I do show competitvely at high level in ASH classes

Best Guest

Back to top Go down

Post  hf15 Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:55 am

i was working off of a fb pic for the year- either way he was stunning and talented. i dont have a list of what his siblings have achieved but they have taken out some pretty impressive titles too!

hf15

Back to top Go down

Post  brightcolours Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 am

IMHO colour is in, I am breeding coloured thoroughbreds and I have a stock horse mare (Glen Lee Rivoli Society by Ray Tech out of Comara Wonder), exellent bloodlines, both of Society's chestnut foals are multi champions, Society throws to what she goes to and this last little fellow 'Santa' is better than them both he is a stunning pally colt by Glacial Gold, her last 2 foals were by Barona Hornet and they were sold for $6,000. If you are looking for something special email me at brightcoloursfarm@gmail.com
brightcolours
brightcolours

http://www.halcyonash.webs.com     www.brightcoloursfarm.wetpain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum